Pig >> mail # user >> Joining 3 tables in Pig

Re: Joining 3 tables in Pig
You'll need to do a 3-way join in two steps:

A = load 'foo' as (col1, col2);
B = load 'bar' as (col1);
C = load 'bat' as (col1);

AB = join A by col1, B by col1;
ABC = join AB by A.col2, C by col1;
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM, j.barrett Strausser <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you tried it? If so, what was the result? Did you try
>
> DESCRIBE Joins;
> ILLUSTRATE Joins;
> EXPLAIN Joins:
> DUMP Joins;
>
> If you haven't tried, that would be the first thing to do.
>
> http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.1/basic.html#join-inner
>
> -b
>

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Raj hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a where condition in sql query like below
> >

> >  Table1.col1=Table2.col3 and Table2.col2=Table3.col1 and
> > Table3.col3=Table1.col2
> >
> > In Pig,
> >
> > Can i write like below
> >
> > A= Table1
> > B=Table2
> > C=Table3
> >
> > Joins = join A by col1,B by col3 and  B by col2,C by col1 and C by col3,A
> > by cole
> >
> > Please help me.
> >
> > Raj
> >

> --