Hive >> mail # user >> Help with TimeSeries serde

Re: Help with TimeSeries serde
Thanks, I've got it working.  I am making a chart UDF, to convert BigInts
from count(6) to ******

I am trying to find a way to select TimeSeries(count(*)) and group by day,
but this results in an error:

select to_date(dt) as total,
       TimeSeries(CAST(count(*) AS INT)) as stars,
       count(*) as total
       from from_to
       group by to_date(dt)
       order by to_date(dt);

FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Line 5:16 Invalid table alias or column
reference 'total': (possible column names are: from_address, to_address, dt)

I can't seem to select a to_date(dt) value and also group AND order by it.
 I need to order by it to get my time series :)

Any ideas?