Pig >> mail # user >> output partitioning

+
Stan Rosenberg 2011-10-04, 03:09
+
Stan Rosenberg 2011-10-04, 03:14
+
Thejas Nair 2011-10-04, 17:24
+
Alan Gates 2011-10-04, 17:27
Re: output partitioning
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Alan Gates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you want to use Pig and Hive together, you should also consider
> HCatalog, which was built exactly to address that use case.
> http://incubator.apache.org/hcatalog
We'll definitely consider HCatalog but unfortunately it does not seem to be
ready for prime time.  Due to our data volume we need to have a secondary
output partitioning; HCatalog
does not yet support it.
+
Alan Gates 2011-10-04, 18:06