Hadoop >> mail # general >> Branching and testing strategy for 0.22

Re: Branching and testing strategy for 0.22
On 08/23/2010 03:19 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
> To simplify automated builds, I'll call the branch the final name of
> "branch-0.22." But it will be rebased every two weeks or so.
>
> Are there any concerns?

Since this will be used differently than what we've in the past named
'branch-${version}", perhaps we should name it differently too, e.g.,
"qa-0.22" or "test-0.22".

Also, since this is branched from trunk, it might just be called
'trunk-checkpoint' or somesuch rather than any particular version.

Doug