MapReduce >> mail # user >> Log4j Logger in MapReduce applications

+
Rita Liu 2010-09-06, 04:19
Re: Log4j Logger in MapReduce applications
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Rita Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi! :)
>
> I add some Log4j loggers into the mapper, the reducer, and the main method
> of WordCount.java. However, after I run this application on the cluster, I
> couldn't find any of my log messages from WordCount in any of the hadoop log
> files (JobTracker, TaskTracker, Namenode, Secondary Namenode, Datanode). How
> may I see my logging messages from WordCount, or, any of the MapReduce
> applications?

logger messages added to the mapper and reducers are added to user
logs that are generated on the cluster where the tasks run. You can
view them from the web ui of the jobtracker, if you navigate to the
job, and then its tasks.

Thanks
Hemanth

> If possible, please help me out? Thank you very much!!
>
> Best,
> Rita :)

+
Rita Liu 2010-09-06, 05:59