HBase >> mail # user >> (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

+
anil gupta 2013-09-03, 23:26
+
lars hofhansl 2013-09-04, 00:35
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:03
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:06
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 05:26
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:42
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 06:04
Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7
Inline.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Elliott Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So since the first question is vendor specific, lets take that off list.
>
> The core dumps are mostly while starting a region server up under
> load, but they are concerning.  They are on JDK 1.7.15, which isn't
> the newest. So I'm hoping that release 25 will help.

Anil: Yes, trying out 25 will be better. It would be great if you can share
your results whenever your try out 1.7u25. Meanwhile, i will also try to do
the same in my environment.

> I also run YCSB on the cluster after all the tests and during those
> runs the region servers have been very stable.
>
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM, anil gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Elliot,
> >
> > That's cool!
> > We have CDH Enterprise license. Would you mind pointing me to the
> doc/link
> > that states same?
> > However, core dumps sounds bad for prod environment. Are there any
> specific
> > patterns for core-dumps? Does it only happens under very heavy load? If
> > yes, then how much read/write load?
> >
> > If you want to take this offline, i am fine with that also.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anil
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Elliott Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Cloudera (my employer) has certified their distribution(CDH4.2+) on
> >> JDK7.  That includes HBase 94.  I'm sure they would answer questions
> >> about what was tested, on their mailing lists or forums.
> >>
> >> I imagine that Hortonworks has done similar testing though I am not as
> >> well versed in it.
> >>
> >> I personally been running a test cluster with Integration tests (for
> >> 0.96) on jdk7, G1 gc, and 30 gig heaps for a couple of months now.
> >> There have been a couple of times that the region servers have core
> >> dumped because of the JVM.  However I would say the region servers are
> >> some what stable with JDK 1.07.15 and the G1gc. My test cluster is
> >> pretty taxed and your milage might vary; it's worth testing on your
> >> workload.
> >>
> >> I'm currently upgrading the jvm to release 25 hoping that the core
> >> dumps will be solved.

> will
> GC
> options