MapReduce >> mail # user >> libhdfs v. 2.2 64-bit

Re: libhdfs v. 2.2 64-bit
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Pastrana, Rodrigo (RIS-BCT)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Roman.
> Our app won't be able to impose any particular vendor's distribution upon our users.
> We grew dependent on base apache distribution packages w/ the 64bit builds...
> so is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9911 going to be rejected?
> In other words, are there no plans to bring back the 64bit libs?

I see. I guess the question I have for you then is -- any reason you guys
can't just rebuild the native bits for exact set of Linux distros you
care about?
Do you find it difficult, or does it not fit your deployment pipeline?

> Also, since you mentioned the Bigtop distros, the last time I looked at them, they were lagging
> a little behind in terms of distros supported. Do you know where to get info on their plans for
> distro support and/or when they'll add support for Hadoop 2.x? thanks.

The Bigtop 0.7.0 release has quite a wide support of Linux distros:
    http://www.apache.org/dist/bigtop/bigtop-0.7.0/repos/
If you have something in mind that's missing -- please do let us know
(on [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

As for the Hadoop -- Bigtop 0.7.0 went out supporting Hadoop 2.0.6 and
Bigtop 0.8.0 is going to have the latest version of Hadoop 2 GA.

Thanks,
Roman.