HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode

+
Pamecha, Abhishek 2013-01-30, 09:15
Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode

I want to use either UBUNTU or REDHAT .
I just want to know how much storage space we can allocate in a single data node.

Is there any limitations in hadoop for storage in single node?

Regards,

Jeba
________________________________
 From: "Pamecha, Abhishek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; jeba earnest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2013 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Maximum Storage size in a Single datanode

What would be the reason you would do that?

You would want to leverage distributed dataset for higher availability and better response times.

The maximum storage depends completely on the disks  capacity of your nodes and what your OS supports. Typically I have heard of about 1-2 TB/node to start with, but I may be wrong.
-abhishek