HBase, mail # user - HBase wont responding when one region server goes down

+
Sandeep L 2013-10-28, 07:22
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-10-28, 17:48
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-10-28, 19:55
+
Sandeep L 2013-10-29, 03:36
RE: HBase wont responding when one region server goes down
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-10-29, 03:44
Google "HBase MTTR improvements in 0.96". 10-15 minutes of downtime is normal on versions prior to 0.96 with
default HBase configuration settings.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: Sandeep L [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 8:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: HBase wont responding when one region server goes down

@Jean-mar
We are using HBase-0.94.1 with Hadoop-1.0.2.We have 15 Region servers, 5 Zookeepers, 1 master, 3 backup masters and & 18 Dtatnodes.Our Java version is "jdk1.7.0_04"
The issue is whenever a region server is down scan/get is not working.
Thanks,Sandeep.

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:55:31 -0400
> Subject: Re: HBase wont responding when one region server goes down
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Hi Sandeep,
>
> Do you have more information regarding your cluster? Number of nodes,
> hadoop version, what is "not responding", etc.?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM
>

> 2013/10/28 Asaf Mesika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > If your query (scan) needs a region on the failed region server, the client
> > will fail and silently retry about 10 times. The sleep time increase as
> > each retry fails and can reach 10min. On the server side, the master takes
> > 3min to realize the RS failed thus issue a region move, which might take a
> > few minutes, which together explain the 10min query failure period
> >
> > On Monday, October 28, 2013, Sandeep L wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > We are using HBase 0.94.1.
> > > We are facing a strange issue form long time not at got any proper
> > > solution.
> > > Here is the issue:Whenever one region server in cluster goes down, whole
> > > HBase wont respond for some time (around 5 to 10 minutes).We are unable
> > > get any clue about the issue.
> > >
> > > Can some help us to resolve this issue.
> > >
> > > Thanks,Sandeep.

Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this message, including any attachments hereto, may be confidential and is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom this message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent or designee of the intended recipient, please note that any review, use, disclosure or distribution of this message or its attachments, in any form, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and/or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete or destroy any copy of this message and its attachments.