Pig, mail # dev - Starting Pig 0.8 release process

RE: Starting Pig 0.8 release process
Olga Natkovich 2010-11-12, 18:59
We have found a number of issues in 0.8 that we are actively fixing now. We would like to delay the release until they are resolved. I expect it would take another week or so to resolve them.

Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: Olga Natkovich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 5:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Starting Pig 0.8 release process

Rat report uncovered some missing headers. When I investigated, I found a bunch of empty files. I suspect that they were supposed to be removed but instead patch application converted them to empty files. I just want to make sure they can be removed. Here is the complete list:

piggybank/java/src/main/java/org/apache/pig/piggybank/storage/hiv
erc/HiveRCDateSplitter.java
src/org/apache/pig/backend/hadoop/executionengine/mapReduceLayer/PigTupleRawComparator.java
src/org/apache/pig/newplan/logical/expression/BagDereferenceExpression.java src/org/apache/pig/newplan/logical/optimizer/AllSameVisitor.java
src/org/apache/pig/newplan/logical/optimizer/PlanPrinter.java
src/org/apache/pig/newplan/logical/optimizer/SchemaResetter.java
src/org/apache/pig/newplan/logical/optimizer/UidStamper.java
src/org/apache/pig/newplan/logical/relational/LogicalPlanVisitor.java

Unless I hear complains, I will remove these files from 0.8 branch and trunk.

Olga