Avro, mail # user - Avro Map Reduce Question: GenericRecord, renaming reduce output

+
snikhil0 2012-06-08, 18:49
Re: Avro Map Reduce Question: GenericRecord, renaming reduce output
Doug Cutting 2012-06-08, 19:17
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM, snikhil0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My expectation is that I can use the same input schema to read the output
> file. But alas this is not working.
> In the part-r-00000 I have a 0<tab>Obj<Avroschema>....datums...... Why is
> this?

That looks approximately like an Avro data file.  How is it not what you expect?

> Also how can rename the reduce output file to something other than
> part-r-0000*?

That's the standard name for Hadoop mapreduce output files.  You could
override it in the OutputFormat, but most folks do not.  The name of
the directory these are in is normally used to identify the result
set.  The files within the directory are just fragments of that result
set.

Doug
+
Shirahatti, Nikhil 2012-06-08, 20:35