Pig >> mail # user >> Pigunit Failure 10.1 running locally

+
j.barrett Strausser 2013-04-10, 14:05
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-04-10, 15:37
+
j.barrett Strausser 2013-04-10, 15:46
Re: Pigunit Failure 10.1 running locally
That VerifyError is probably a result of mixing Haddop 1.x and 2.x
libraries. Check what version your pig was built against and update your
dependencies to match.

Regards,
Marcos

On 10-04-2013 11:05, j.barrett Strausser wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am trying to run Pigunit and receiving an error. I had this previously
> working, but had to rebuild my local workstation and didn't have everything
> I should have had checked in. This is too deep into pig/hadoop for me to
> effectively debug.
>
> I'm using scala so my versions/dependencies look like :
>
> libraryDependencies += "org.apache.pig" % "pig" % "0.10.1"
>
> libraryDependencies += "org.apache.hadoop" % "hadoop-common" % "2.0.3-alpha"
>
> libraryDependencies += "org.apache.hadoop" % "hadoop-core" % "1.1.2"
>
> I built the pigunit.jar file by hand as instructed in the docs.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> The error is :
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobTrackerInstrumentation, method: create
> signature:
> (Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobTracker;Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf;)Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobTrackerInstrumentation;)
> Incompatible argument to function
+
j.barrett Strausser 2013-04-10, 17:25