HBase, mail # user - save video with hbase

Re: Re: save video with hbase
Joey Echeverria 2011-11-01, 13:37
I would save them in different rows. You could do that with a row key
that looks something like this:

<video name>\0<block number>

You can use any separator there, not just \0, that isn't a valid video
name or block number. This way you could skip to the block of the
video that you need, but you're not forcing all of the blocks of a
single video to be on one region server. Since regions are split on
row boundaries, you run into some of the same issues with having a
100M+ row as having 100M in a single column.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.