Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Bigtop "singularity" branch/release

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-06, 04:38
Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop "singularity" branch/release
My main concern - as always - is a stability of the underlying components.
And while the Bigtop's motto so far was 'the bleeding edge', that exactly what
troubles me.

I'd rather be a bit behind, but provide a stack with components that went
through a certain degree of field testing. But it might be just me ;)

Cos

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 09:38PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> what I've noticed lately is that in quite a few
> Hadoop ecosystem projects there have been
> active work on 'singularity' releases. Two most
> obvious example of this trend would be: Hadoop
> 2.1.x-beta and HBase 0.96, but there's also
> Hue 3.0, Oozie 4.0 and a few other things cooking.
>
> Perhaps it would make sense for us to stay ahead
> of the game and offer an early opportunity for a
> better integration to as many of these as we have
> cycles/interest to tackle.
>
> I'd appreciate your thoughts and feedback on how
> useful/feasible this might be.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> P.S. Two clear example of Bigtop JIRAs which are
> prime candidate for a 'singularity' branch/release
> of Bigtop are, of course:
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1029
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1042
> In fact, chances are both of them could end up
> in something like Bigtop 0.8.0
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-06, 17:42
+