MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: Is FileSystem thread-safe?

Re: Is FileSystem thread-safe?
If you look at DistributedFileSystem source code, you would see that it
calls the DFSClient field member for most of the actions.
Requests to Namenode are then made through ClientProtocol.

An hdfs committer would be able to give you affirmative answer.