HBase >> mail # user >> unstable secure zookeeper

unstable secure zookeeper
This see my message popup in the list. Resending....

Hi,

I have 0.92-security installed. I'm hitting intermittent problems starting
the regionservers because of intermittent zookeeper connection failures.
Because of this not all my region servers startup after "start
regionservers". This also sometimes happens on the master server.

On the regionserver the error would look like:

2012-02-16 02:57:28,086 FATAL
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: ABORTING region server
*snip*,60020,1329361047462: Unexpected exception during initialization,
aborting
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode NoAuth for /hbase/shutdown
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:113)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:1131)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper.getData(RecoverableZ
ooKeeper.java:295)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.getDataInternal(ZKUtil.java:518)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.getDataAndWatch(ZKUtil.java:494)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperNodeTracker.start(ZooKeeperNodeT
racker.java:77)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.initializeZooKeeper(HReg
ionServer.java:561)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.preRegistrationInitializ
ation(HRegionServer.java:524)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.run(HRegionServer.java:6
25)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

If the server does successfully startup things run fine. Prior to this I
had .92 without security running fine. Any ideas on what could be causing
this?

-Francis