Hadoop >> mail # dev >> How to understand Hadoop source code ?

Re: How to understand Hadoop source code ?
On 18 April 2013 18:32, Noelle Jakusz (c) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1
>
> There are quite a few new people, so maybe start a collaborative group
> where you can collect notes and steps (videos and articles). I know I would
> have some for you that I have created as I have gotten started... it would
> be a great idea to post them after some collaboration and review.
>
> Thanks Chris for the detailed reply...

stuff in wiki.apache.org would be welcome, though there's the commitment to
keep it up to date.

Once you've created wiki accounts, email this list to get write access.

One thing to consider is prerequisites. Hadoop is not a place to learn
about basic distributed system concepts (liveness, failures, RPC), though
some of the specifics (how liveness is implemented, how Hadoop RPC works)
are going to be relevant. It's probably best to list "things you need to
know". In particular, you should know Java and its build and test tools
before going near Hadoop.

-steve