MapReduce, mail # user - Re: DefaultResourceCalculator ClassNotFoundException

Re: DefaultResourceCalculator ClassNotFoundException
Omkar Joshi 2013-11-19, 01:43
 <property>

    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.resource-calculator</name>
<value>org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator</value>
    <description>

      The ResourceCalculator implementation to be used to compare

      Resources in the scheduler.

      The default i.e. DefaultResourceCalculator only uses Memory while

      DominantResourceCalculator uses dominant-resource to compare

      multi-dimensional resources such as Memory, CPU etc.

    </description>

  </property>
inside capacity-scheduler.xml

Thanks,
Omkar Joshi
*Hortonworks Inc.* <http://www.hortonworks.com>
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM, YouPeng Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi
>    It does not work.
>    I do not find the yarn.scheduler.capacity.resource-calculator
> property in the
> hadoop-2.2.0/share/doc/hadoop/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-common/yarn-default.xml.
>    Is it the right  property?
>
>    Anyone could give me any suggestion about the exception?
>

> 2013/11/15 Rob Blah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> "Can you check the config entry for yarn.scheduler.capacity.resource-
>> calculator ?
>> It should point to org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.resource.
>> DefaultResourceCalculator"
>>
>> Answer provided by Ted Yu in thread "DefaultResourceCalculator class not
>> found, ResourceManager fails to start."
>>
>> regards
>>

>> 2013/11/15 YouPeng Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>

>>> Hi all
>>>
>>>   It‘s wierd to failed to start my yarn resourcemanager with an
>>> exception[1].
>>>
>>>     I aslo do some google, someone also encountered this problem with no
>>> solved answer.
>>>     I check the src ,there is actually no the DefaultResourceCalculator
>>> in
>>> package :org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource,however
>>> I found the DefaultResourceCalculator  in
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.resource
>>>
>>>     why we miss the class?
>>>

>>> [1]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> 2013-11-15 17:41:46,755 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsConfig: loaded properties from
>>> hadoop-metrics2.properties
>>> 2013-11-15 17:41:46,876 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: Scheduled snapshot
>>> period at 10 second(s).
>>> 2013-11-15 17:41:46,877 INFO
>>> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: ResourceManager metrics
>>> system started
>>> 2013-11-15 17:41:47,013 INFO org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService:
>>> Service ResourceManager failed in state INITED; cause:
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator
>>> not found
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator
>>> not found
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1752)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.getResourceCalculator(CapacitySchedulerConfiguration.java:333)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.reinitialize(CapacityScheduler.java:263)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.serviceInit(ResourceManager.java:249)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.main(ResourceManager.java:871)
>>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> Class
>>> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.resource.DefaultResourceCalculator
>>> not found
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1720)
>>>     at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:1744)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE