Accumulo >> mail # dev >> ingest performance oscillations and Xceivers

+
Kepner, Jeremy - 1010 - M... 2013-01-02, 02:19
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-02, 02:45
+
Jeremy Kepner 2013-01-02, 19:11
+
William Slacum 2013-01-02, 12:09
+
Kepner, Jeremy - 0553 - M... 2013-01-03, 00:25
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-03, 18:19
+
William Slacum 2013-01-03, 16:24
+
Jeremy Kepner 2013-01-03, 22:25
+
John Vines 2013-01-03, 23:04
Re: ingest performance oscillations and Xceivers
Attached is the log for a set for 3 ingests.  The first hump is with 1 ingestor, the second hump is with 2 ingestors, and the third hump is with 3 ingestors.  The 3 ingestor case starts oscillating about 21:40. I don't see any spikes in any of the fields.  It would be nice if there was also a plot of Xceivers since I think that anti-correlates.  I do sometimes see the hold times highlighted in red.  The values are usually in hundreds of msec.

On Jan 3, 2013, at 6:04 PM, John Vines wrote:

> How many hard drives and what's your max minor/maor compactions set to?
> These can severely limit your performance due to potential disk thrashing.
> If you observe the monitor, when ingest starts trailing, do you see it
> undergoing, or possibly being backed up on, any form of compaction? And
> lastly, are you see the bug eric mentioned above? See if the monitor is
> reporting any warnings like those mentioned.

+
Josh Elser 2013-01-04, 00:47
+
Kepner, Jeremy - 0553 - M... 2013-01-04, 00:55
+
Drew Farris 2013-01-04, 01:26
+
Kepner, Jeremy - 0553 - M... 2013-01-04, 16:30
+
John Vines 2013-01-04, 01:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-04, 01:10