Hadoop >> mail # user >> RE: Issue: Namenode is in safe mode

+
AMARNATH, Balachandar 2013-03-06, 10:29
+
AMARNATH, Balachandar 2013-03-06, 09:51
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-03-06, 10:02
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-03-06, 10:00
RE: Issue:  Namenode is in safe mode
Just do it
$>  hadoop dfsadmin -safemode leave

From: AMARNATH, Balachandar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 March 2013 15:21
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Issue: Namenode is in safe mode
Hi,

I have created a hadoop cluster with two nodes (A and B). 'A' act both as namenode and datanode, and 'B' act as datanode only. With this setup, I could store, read files. Now, I added one more datanode 'C' and relieved 'A' from datanode duty. This means, 'A' act only as namenode, and both B and C act as datanodes. Now, I tried to create a directory, it says

' org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SafeModeException: Cannot create directory Name node is in safe mode'
Can someone tell me why the namenode now is in safe mode?

With thanks and regards
Balachandar
The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.

Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.

All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.