Accumulo >> mail # dev >> builds failing

+
Billie Rinaldi 2012-10-04, 16:09
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-10-05, 21:23
Re: builds failing
I don't think our site phase is working (see ACCUMULO-457), so I'm not
prepared to make the cobertura report depend on it.  The Jenkins builds are
configured to generate code coverage using mvn cobertura:cobertura.

If I add the following section to builds (and remove it from reporting),
mvn cobertura:cobertura works again, and the cobertura report is not
generated when you run the standard mvn package or mvn package -P assemble.

        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
          <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.5.1</version>
          <configuration>
            <formats>
              <format>xml</format>
              <format>html</format>
            </formats>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>

Billie
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Christopher Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm not sure which reports we need or don't need, but the following
> has an example of how to do it in the build section, if we need to.
> The main take-away is to attach it to the "pre-site" phase, so it
> doesn't occur during the default build lifecycle.
>
> There's also another suggestion farther down to add it to the
> maven-site-plugin configuration. I'm not sure I like that solution as
> much, but it may work also, and has the advantage of keeping the
> reporting plugins separated from the main build.
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6931360/what-is-the-proper-way-to-use-cobertura-with-maven-3-0-2
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It looks like builds started failing after the Ubuntu build servers were
> > upgraded recently.  They're failing because they can't find the cobertura
> > xml output to publish.  There is some evidence that the combination of
> > maven and cobertura-maven-plugin we're using won't generate xml output
> for
> > cobertura unless the cobertura plugin is in the builds section of the pom
> > rather than the reporting section of the pom.
> >

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9398662/maven-cobertura-plugin-not-generating-coverage-xml
> >
> > I can replicate this locally by running mvn clean cobertura:cobertura.
>  The
> > coverage.xml files are not there.  So I'm not sure why this was working
> > until now.  Does anyone see a problem with moving the cobertura plugin to
> > the builds section of the pom?  Do we still want both the xml and html
> > output to be generated?
> >
> > Billie

+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-10-09, 22:25