HBase >> mail # dev >> understanding the code base, patterns, threading, etc.

understanding the code base, patterns, threading, etc.
Greetings,

Other than reading the the source code, google papers, seda, etc. how does
someone get solid understanding of the code base?

Are there any high-level (or low level!) diagrams of sort that go over the
various components of hbase? (various read/write stages, gossip, etc.)

I'm guessing this is wishful thinking but I thought I'd ask :)