Drill >> mail # dev >> question about schema

question about schema
Hi Jacques

I'm implementing a ProjectFilter for HBase and I got to the point where I need to pass to HBase the fields that are required (even if it's simply "all" as in *).
How to know which fields to scan in the SE and their expected type?
There's a bunch of schema stuff in the org/apache/drill/exec/schema but I can't figure how SE uses that.
Will this info come inside the scan logical op in getReadEntries(Scan scan) (in the arbitrary "selection" section)?
Is this method still going to receive a logical Scan op or is this just a legacy stuff that you didn't have the chance to get to yet?
BatchSchema seems to only refer to field ids…

I'm thinking this is most likely because the work is still very much in progress but as I browse the code I can see you have put a lot of thought into almost everything even when it's not being used right now and I don't want to make any stupid assumption.
I can definitely make that info get to the SE iface myself just wondering how do you envision it should get there…

Best
David