Accumulo, mail # user - Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?

+
Terry P. 2013-05-02, 22:17
+
John Vines 2013-05-02, 22:38
Re: Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?
Terry P. 2013-05-02, 22:44
Hi John,
I tried NOT downloading it and telling Firefox to open it using Firefox,
but it always gives me a 7KB tar.gz file.

When one hovers over the link, the URL in the status bar shows:

www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/accumulo/1.4.3/accumulo-1.4.3-dist.tar.gz

So it looks to me like it's linking directly to a file, no?

I'll try when I get home but I really want to get my hands on the Red Hat /
CentOS compatible init scripts that I'm hoping are in 1.4.3.
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Those are links to the mirrors list, not files to download themselves.
> There have been a few users who have had their browsers configured to treat
> links that end in tar.gz to download them as a tar.gz when in realize it's
> a link apache mirror redirector.
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Terry P. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi gang,
>> I'm trying to download the 1.4.3 release from:
>>
>> http://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
>>
>> But for both the binaries and source downloads the file sizes are only
>> 7.1KB in size and aren't valid .tar.gz files.
>>
>> The various firewalls and security scanners here at work can sometimes
>> make some site links not work properly, but not usually one that looks to
>> be this simple.
>>
>> Could someone -- anyone -- please try to download one of these files to
>> see if it's just my bad luck at work, or whether the site / links actually
>> have an issue?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Terry

+