Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Adding nodes to an ensemble

RE: Adding nodes to an ensemble
Hi,

Currently you have to restart the nodes to change the configuration (rolling restart, i.e., every time you bring nodes up after changing the cfg files you must ensure that a quorum of the old config intersects with any quorum of the new config). We're working on doing this dynamically and will hopefully add this feature to the next release after 3.4.  This allows to add/remove machines, change observers to followers and vice versa and change leader election and following ports, automatically without any restarts.

Regards,
Alex