HDFS, mail # user - Hadoop Configuration Issues

RE: Hadoop Configuration Issues
Leo Leung 2012-04-27, 17:53
I would suggest changing the hadoop configuration on the slave(s)
You'll have to maintain the delta config amongst the nodes.
-----Original Message-----
From: Björn-Elmar Macek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 7:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Hadoop Configuration Issues

Hi Alex,

thank you for the tip: it pushed me into the right direction. I was using the deb-package to install hadoop, which did not work out cause of the problems i had. Now i use the tarball archive and unpacked it to a subfolder of my home directory.

BUT i just ran into another problem: after successfully executing "hadoop namenode -format" the "start-all.sh" script (executed on the master server) runs into errors, when trying to access files on the slave system: it automatically seems to expect the hadoop files lying in the very same directory as on the master:

ema@ubuntu:~/Programs/hadoop-1.0.2/bin$ ./start-all.sh
Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.

namenode running as process 19393. Stop it first.
slave: bash: line 0: cd: /home/ema/Programs/hadoop-1.0.2/libexec/..: No such file or directory
slave: bash: /home/ema/Programs/hadoop-1.0.2/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: No such file or directory ema@master's password:
master: Connection closed by UNKNOWN
starting jobtracker, logging to
/var/log/hadoop/ema/hadoop-ema-jobtracker-ubuntu.out
slave: bash: line 0: cd: /home/ema/Programs/hadoop-1.0.2/libexec/..: No such file or directory
slave: bash: /home/ema/Programs/hadoop-1.0.2/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: No such file or directory

How can i tell the slave, that the files lie somewhere else?

Best regards,
Björn-Elmar