HBase, mail # user - HBaseAdmin#checkHBaseAvailable COST ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO CHECK A DEAD(OR NOT EXISTS) HBASE MASTER

Re: Re: HBaseAdmin#checkHBaseAvailable COST ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO CHECK A DEAD(OR NOT EXISTS) HBASE MASTER
Esteban Gutierrez 2013-11-13, 22:10
jingych,

That timeout comes from ZooKeeper, are you running ZK on the same node you
are running the HBase Master? If your environment requires to fail fast
even for ZK connection timeouts then you need to reduce
zookeeper.recovery.retry.intervalmill and zookeeper.recovery.retry since
the retries are done via an exponential backoff (1 second, 2 seconds, 8
seconds), also depending on the number of ZK servers you have running the
socket level timeout in the client to a ZK server will be
zookeeper.session.timeout/#ZKs

cheers,
esteban.
--