HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase Rest service start/stop with HBase service.

+
Julian Zhou 2013-05-10, 06:41
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-10, 17:44
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-10, 13:45
+
Stack 2013-05-10, 18:07
Re: HBase Rest service start/stop with HBase service.
Originally the REST gateway would create an HBaseAdmin on demand whenever
one is needed but that slows things down and consumes local and cluster
resources unnecessarily for the common case. I could switch it back to the
old behavior, you are welcome to file a JIRA for that. Would not be
unreasonable to file a JIRA for automatic reconnection of an open
HBaseAdmin handle after a cluster bounce in addition or as an alternative,
that's an HBase client change. Or, you can simply bounce the REST gateways
with your ops automation along with the rest of the cluster?

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)