HBase >> mail # user >> Question regarding bulkload : overwriting duplicate records

Question regarding bulkload : overwriting duplicate records
Hi HBase users,

I am using Hbase 0.92.1 from the cloudera distribution cdh4.1.1.
I am loading bulk files using the ImportTsv job but i have an issue
regarding records having a different cell value.

I guessed that the underlying Map/Reducer sets the timestamp to the
currentTime. Is there a way to inform the Tsv job to read the timestamp
from a column ?

I can still do my own hadoop mapper and then split the lines and treat them
but i was wondering if the issue on the Hbase Jira (HBASE-5564) which is
solving this problem would be released soon.

Regards,

G.
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 01:04