Sqoop, mail # user - Need help and tips for tthe following issue: No data get exported from hadoop to mysql using sqoop.

+
Matthieu Labour 2012-10-10, 16:30
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-10-10, 16:40
+
Matthieu Labour 2012-10-10, 17:16
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-10-10, 17:27
+
Matthieu Labour 2012-10-10, 18:06
+
Matthieu Labour 2012-10-10, 21:22
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-10-10, 23:58
+
Matthieu Labour 2012-10-11, 14:39
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-10-11, 15:38
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-10-15, 21:40
+
Matthieu Labour 2012-10-17, 21:53
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-10-17, 21:58
Re: Need help and tips for tthe following issue: No data get exported from hadoop to mysql using sqoop.
Matthieu Labour 2012-10-17, 22:01
Thank you for the great library !

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm glad that you've managed to resolve the issue. Happy sqooping!
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 05:53:24PM -0400, Matthieu Labour wrote:
> > Jarceq
> > My bad. My mistake. Amazon attaches the slave and the master to 2
> different
> > security groups and both had to be added to the Amazon RDS
> > It is working now
> > Thank you for your help
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Matt,
> > > thanks for getting back to me with actual task log. I'm adding Sqoop
> user
> > > mailing list back in loop in so that others might jump in. I've however
> > > removed entire log to prevent disclosure of any sensitive data.
> > >
> > > The log contained only original Connection exception with no further
> > > wrapped exceptions that would help finding out the cause. I would
> recommend
> > > to do following:
> > >
> > > Connect to each of your slave nodes (ssh) and try to connect to your
> MySQL
> > > box, e.g. something like
> > >
> > > mysql -h mysql.server -u myuser -pmypassword database
> > >
> > > It should be working from each node. If this won't work (and I'm
> expecting
> > > that it won't), then there might be some firewall issues or other
> > > networking problems that you will have to solve.
> > >
> > > Jarcec

> http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/UsingtheHadoopUserInterface.html
> info
> node and
> > > >

> > > === SENSITIVE CONTENT REMOVED ==> > > >

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> should
> following
> you
> > > mind
> > > > >

> http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ElasticMapReduce/latest/DeveloperGuide/UsingtheHadoopUserInterface.html

> issue
> and
> > > if i
> that

> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> afraid
> > > normal

Matthieu Labour, Engineering | *Action**X* |
584 Broadway, Suite 1002 – NY, NY 10012
415-994-3480 (m)