MapReduce >> mail # user >> Java version with Hadoop 2.0

Re: Java version with Hadoop 2.0
maybe you've already seen this.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions
On Oct 9, 2013, at 2:16 PM, SF Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
 wrote:

I am preparing to deploy multiple cluster / distros of Hadoop for testing / benchmarking.

In my research I have noticed discrepancies in the version of the JDK that various groups are using.  Example:  Hortonworks is suggesting JDK6u31, CDH recommends either 6 or 7 providing you stick to some guidelines for each and Apache Hadoop seems to be somewhat of a "no mans land"; a lot of people using a lot of different versions.

Does anyone have any insight they could share about how to approach choosing the best JDK release?  (I'm a total Java newb, so any info / further reading you guys can provide is appreciated.)

Thanks.

sf