Hive >> mail # user >> hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory
So that means I need to create a HDFS ( Not an OS physical directory ) directory under Hadoop that need to be used in the Hive config file for this property. Right?

________________________________
From: Dean Wampler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Sanjay Subramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

No, you only need a directory in HDFS, which will be "virtually located" somewhere in your cluster automatically by HDFS.

Also there's a typo in your hive.xml:

  <value/software/home/hadoop/hive/hive-0.9.0/warehouse</value>
Should be

  <value>/correct/path/in/hdfs/to/your/warehouse/directory</value>

Thanks Sanjay.

Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
@deanwampler
http://polyglotprogramming.com/