MapReduce, mail # dev - Hadoop Tools Layout (was Re: DistCpV2 in 0.23)

Re: Hadoop Tools Layout (was Re: DistCpV2 in 0.23)
Allen Wittenauer 2011-09-06, 17:11

On Sep 6, 2011, at 9:30 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
> We still need to answer Amareshwari's question (2) she asked some time back
> about the automated code compilation and test execution of the tools module.

>>> My #1 question is if tools is basically contrib reborn.  If not, what
>> makes
>>> it different?
I'm still waiting for this answer as well.

Until such, I would be pretty much against a tools module.  Changing the name of the dumping ground doesn't make it any less of a dumping ground.