Hadoop >> mail # user >> Passing an object in mapper

Passing an object in mapper
Hi,
   I am initializing an object in driver code.
For sake of argument let say I want to save data to some database..
say:
Connection con = new Connection(host, db);
Now, in reducer I want to do something like
con.write(key,value)

So, how do i pass this object from driver to mapper / reducer/?
Any clue? suggestions?
Thanks