Hadoop >> mail # user >> rack awarness unexpected behaviour

Re: rack awarness unexpected behaviour
And that's the rub.
Rack awareness is an artificial construct.

You want to fix it and match the real world, you need to balance the racks physically.
Otherwise you need to rewrite load balancing to take in to consideration the number and power of the nodes in the rack.

The short answer, it's easier to fudge the values in the script.

Mike Segel