Bigtop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Bigtop "singularity" branch/release

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop "singularity" branch/release
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-06, 17:34
Do we have the bandwidth to do one stable distribution and another unstable
distribution, like Debian?

We could be a bit aggressive with those terms, just given the nature of the
software here. For example:

Stable - Hadoop 2.0.x, HBase 0.94, ZooKeeper 3.4.x, etc.

Unstable - Hadoop 2.1.x, HBase 0.96, ZooKeeper 3.5 (if they release...).

We would have two bleeding edges. One might sting a bit, but generally
addresses Cos' concerns (I think - Cos?). One might amputate a limb, but
would provide the whole ecosystem a peek at the post-singularity world.
There's already BIGTOP-1029.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy