Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'

+
Robert Evans 2013-03-25, 18:28
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-03-25, 19:01
+
sandy.ryza@... 2013-03-25, 19:23
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-03-26, 04:34
+
Noah Slater 2013-03-25, 18:36
Re: [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'
+1 (non-binding)

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Noah Slater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>

> On 25 March 2013 18:28, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > As per Aaron's request I am starting a new voting thread to make it
> > obvious that there is a vote happening.
> >
> > I propose that we change the term "lazy consensus" to "consensus
> approval"
> > (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi) in the bylaws so that it
> > matches the terms used in the apache foundation glossary.  No actual
> change
> > to our voting would take place, just the term we use to describe that
> > voting.
> >
> > As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC
> members
> > (although others are encouraged to speak up).
> >
> > Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and more
> > binding +1 votes than -1 votes.
> >
> > Voting lasts 7 days, so it closes Monday April 1st (But this is not a
> > joke).
> >
> > I am +1 (binding)
> >
> > --Bobby
> >

> --