HBase >> mail # user >> Reading in parallel from table's regions in MapReduce

Re: Reading in parallel from table's regions in MapReduce
I think the issue is that you are misinterpreting what you are seeing and what Doug was trying to tell you...

The short simple answer is that you're getting one split per region. Each split is assigned to a specific mapper task and that task will sequentially walk through the table finding the rows that match your scan request.

There is no lock or blocking.

I think you really should actually read Lars George's book on HBase to get a better understanding.

HTH

-Mike