Accumulo, mail # dev - [git] Documentation and Plan of Action

Re: [git] Documentation and Plan of Action
Josh Elser 2013-06-11, 02:44
Alright, I think I covered all of the content that's needed.

http://people.apache.org/~elserj/git/git.html

Disclaimer, I actually got Christopher to say "it's kind of long...".
Yes, this was intended. I'd rather be (painfully) explicit front and
lift out a TL;DR version from the master document.

_Please_ give feedback now as to what is still unclear about after
reading the document. I'd hate to have wasted all of this time writing
this to just change our minds again in the near future

Also, please look for text in _emphasis_ as these are things which I do
not believe were decided upon as a group. Copied here for your ease:

1. Need to ensure that deleting remote branches is not an issue. History
is still intact so this should not grind against ASF policy.
2. Do we have a nice write-up of the release policies?

And, the last thing:

Is everyone ok with the default branch when cloning the repository being
latest unstable branch (synonymous with what "trunk" is now)? If so, is
everyone ok with naming it `master`? This is what my vote is towards.

Once we get these questions answered and the process reviewed, I believe
we're ready to move forward with the INFRA ticket.

- Josh