Hadoop >> mail # user >> HDFS.BlockReader cannot seek?

HDFS.BlockReader cannot seek?
hi, all,
        I am wondering why seek(long) is disabled in HDFS.BlockReader?
Can I use skip(long) to replace this seek(long)?

        I have some small files, each is less than a block in size. In
my program, given the file/block information, I will try to start a
process on each datanode and try to read from the HDFS directly
through a socket connection to the datanode.
       The read requires seek OP on the file, cause the file I used is
TFile, which requires the underlayer class to be seekable.