MapReduce >> mail # dev >> response time measurement

+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2012-11-12, 23:14
Re: response time measurement
There is no such a counter in default Hadoop implementation

you can instrument your own code in JobInProgress.java to calculate it,

there is also an implemented counter in JobInProgress, MAP_SLOTS_MILLS, considering both the map tasks occupying multiple slots, but this value also increase when the task is failed,

Best,

--
Nan Zhu
School of Computer Science,
On Monday, 12 November, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Samaneh Shokuhi wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to do some experience on hadoop source code.
> i have modified part of it in MapTask.java class and need to compare the
> response time for mapper /job before and after modification .Is it
> reported somewhere to see that?
>

> Cheers,
> Samaneh

+