Hadoop, mail # user - Namenode problem

Re: Namenode problem
William Kang 2010-03-09, 02:01
Hi Eason,
Thanks a lot for your reply. But I do have another folder which in not
inside /tmp. I did not use default settings.
To make it clear, I will describe what happened:
1. hadoop namenode -format
2. start-all.sh
3. running fine, http://localhost:50070 is accessible
4. stop-all.sh
5. start-all.sh, http://localhost:50070 is NOT accessible
Unless I format the namenode, the HDFS master
http://localhost:50070/dfshealth.jsp is not accessible.
So, I have to redo step 1, 2 again to gain access to
http://localhost:50070/dfshealth.jsp. But all data would be lost after
format.
William