HBase >> mail # user >> migrating hbase table from one cluster to another

+
Rita 2012-11-17, 14:31
+
yuzhihong@... 2012-11-17, 14:54
+
Rita 2012-11-17, 16:41
+
Ted Yu 2012-11-17, 16:47
+
Ted Yu 2012-11-17, 17:18
+
Rita 2012-11-17, 18:10
Re: migrating hbase table from one cluster to another
Actually the procedure is not complicated.
Our group recently performed an upgrade of 0.90.x cluster to 0.92 where we
need to merge adjacent regions from the original table into fewer regions
in the new table. This was due to the overly small region size in 0.90.x
cluster.
That required scripting and moving HFiles around.

In terms of compatibility across major releases, we have been consistent:
(one-way) auto-upgrade is provided from one major release to the next major
release.

Cheers