HBase, mail # user - Storing images in Hbase

Re: Storing images in Hbase
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-28, 21:13
You bring up a very common consideration I think.

For static content, such as images, then a cache can help offload read load
from the datastore. This fits into this conversation.

For dynamic content, then an external caching may not be helpful as you
say, although blockcache within HBase will help if you are assembling
content dynamically from repeated queries some of which are bringing in the
same data over and over.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy