Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Input on a change

Re: Input on a change
I'd go so far as to say that even the server-code should avoid System.exit.
Just because it is "meant" to be a standalone system doesn't mean that code
that makes it impossible to embed it should be encouraged.

For e.g, we embed a local version of ZK to be used inside our unit tests.
This makes it much easier for us to control ZK to coincide with test
expectations as well as making for much faster build times. It would be a
shame if the embedded ZK started killing the JVM.

Ishaaq