MapReduce >> mail # user >> HDFS authentication

Re: HDFS authentication
Hi Pinak -

If you want to use the REST interface of webhdfs then you can setup Knox as
the Hadoop REST Gateway and authentication against LDAP or other stores
through the Apache Shiro integration. This opens up your authentication
possibilities.

http://knox.incubator.apache.org/

It would then proxy your access to HDFS and the rest of Hadoop through the
gateway.

If you intend to only use the Hadoop command like tooling then you are
limited to only Kerberos for real authentication.

HTH.

--larry

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE