HDFS >> mail # dev >> Backwards compatibility of FileSystem interface.

Re: Backwards compatibility of FileSystem interface.
Jay, this is is more a common-dev question, as it goes beyond hdfs

On 31 May 2013 02:07, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi :
>
> Are FileSystem interfaces gauranteed to retain semantics of the old
> FileSystem contract?

retain the explicit semantics, yes. Implementations may change some
implementation details which may becomes visible

> Im noticing that the new FileSystem uses the "CreateFlag" class, which
> older ones did not, and I'm wondering wether the deprecation of some
> FileSystem methods (i.e. createNonRecursive) will eventually be entirely
> phased out.
>
> This is in reference to some issues with HBASE and the createNonRecursive
> implementation which varies across different hadoop versions.

can you point to the JIRAs? I presume they are append related?