Hive >> mail # user >> Problems using hive JDBC driver on Windows (with Squirrel SQL Client)

Problems using hive JDBC driver on Windows (with Squirrel SQL Client)
I'm having trouble getting the hive jdbc driver to work on Windows. I'm
following the Squirrel SQL Client setup from the Hive/HiveJDBCInterface wiki
page. Everything works great when Squirrel SQL Client is running on Linux
but on Windows it doesn't. Squirrel can connect to the hive server fine so
the setup is alright. However, when I issue a query, it doesn't seem to
execute at all. I see this exception in the Squirrel client:

2009-09-15 14:10:35,268 [Thread-5] ERROR
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.SQLExecuterTask  - Can't Set
MaxRows
java.sql.SQLException: Method not supported
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.setMaxRows(HiveStatement.java:390)
    at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.SQLExecuterTask.setMaxRows(SQLExecuterTask.java:318)
    at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.session.SQLExecuterTask.run(SQLExecuterTask.java:157)
    at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.util.TaskExecuter.run(TaskExecuter.java:82)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I don't seem to get this exception on Linux. I can't get the Squirrel client
to not set max rows but I'm not entirely sure that's the real problem.

Any help is appreciated.
Vijay