Hadoop >> mail # general >> Pydoop 0.6.0 released

Pydoop 0.6.0 released
Hello everyone,

we're happy to announce that we have just released Pydoop 0.6.0
(http://pydoop.sourceforge.net).

The main changes with respect to the previous version are:
  * high-level HDFS API for easier manipulation of files and directories
  * examples made easier to understand and run
  * several bugs fixes & optimizations
  * git repository: git clone
git://pydoop.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pydoop/pydoop pydoop

Pydoop is a Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop, built upon the C++
Pipes and the C libhdfs APIs, that allows to write full-fledged
MapReduce applications with HDFS access. Pydoop has been maturing nicely
and is currently in production use at CRS4 as we have a few scientific
projects that are based on it, including Seal
(http://biodoop-seal.sourceforge.net), Biodoop-BLAST
(http://biodoop.sourceforge.net/blast), and more yet to be released.
Links:

* download page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/files