Hadoop >> mail # user >> Issue:  Namenode is in safe mode

Re: Issue: Namenode is in safe mode
How was the namenode A relieved of its duty and what was the default
replication factor?

If the replication factor was 1 and the datanode A was unplugged without
any care then you lost half of your files and your namenode is not really
happy about it (and is waiting for you to correct the mistake or let it
slip explicitely).

Regards

Bertrand